Videographers (Part-Time, Contract)
Project: Mobilizing Social Innovation to Train the Next Generation of Theatre Entrepreneurs
Hourly Rate: $18.20 (including benefits)
Timeline: Pre-production (May/June), Production (June 15-July 15), Post-Production (July 15-August); estimated workload of 5 hours per week with significantly increased hours during the Fringe Festival (June 15 – July 15).
Location: Sheridan Campuses & Toronto Fringe (Downtown Toronto)
Application Deadline: 29 April 2019
Every July Toronto Fringe delivers the Theatre Entrepreneurs’ Networking and Training program (TENT) for the duration of the 12-day festival. TENT is a popular program but Fringe only has resources to fund 20 participants per year. This project seeks to increase accessibility by expanding TENT programming throughout the year and to recommend models for fiscal sustainability. For more project details see: www.creativehumanities.ca
This project will be directed by Brandon McFarlane (Prof. Creativity and Creative Thinking) in collaboration with Toronto Fringe Tanisha Taitt (TENT Program Director) and Lucy Eveleigh (Executive Director).
We’re looking for creatives who can contribute to production, direction of photography, audio recording, and editing. Team members will have accesses to a DSLR, multiple lenses, a shotgun mic, a lav mic, and a digital audio recorder.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with Brandon McFarlane and Toronto Fringe to produce short videos that communicate the impact of the research project and TENT to the public through creative and accessible videos.
- Apply universal design to produce content that follows best practices in terms of accessibility
- Attend sessions of the TENT and the Toronto Fringe festival to capture footage
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program at Sheridan
- Demonstrated ability to produce engaging content for online and social media channels
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro)
- Ability to work independently and in teams, proven ability to meet deadlines
Please submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications and motivations for contributing with your resume and/or a link to your portfolio to email@example.com; please include the contact information of a Sheridan professor who can provide a strong reference; use “Videographer, surname” as the email subject line.